Wednesday, October 27, 2010

More Than Space


After a busy day of pillow fights, games if Sequence and Uno, jostling for time on Mama's lap, and a host of other things... the last drink of water has been served, and my Benjamin whispers to me, "I love you Mama. More than space. Higher than heaven."

Such a rich reward for giving your all to children who really need a Mama and a Papa. This is why we did it once. This is why we're doing it again. Thank you, Lord, for the reminder!

We had a successful last visit to the American Embassy here in Kiev. I now have the visas that allow Anna and Chris to travel to the U.S. and become American citizens as soon as they set foot on American soil.

Everything is done! We just have to wait until Sunday and then travel home.

Anna, Chris and Ben have become great friends and it is wonderful to see them laugh and play together. There are lots of miscommunications and misunderstandings but that is to be expected and they are learning how to be a family more and more every day.

I was coaxed into bring them to the park today even though it was wet after the rain. Sure enough we came home with muddy pants and jackets. Oh well. I'm learning that certain things don't matter as much as other things.

Anna asked to go to McDonald's again, so we went. A challenging event when you have 3 children in tow and the seating is very limited in a crowded restaurant. We managed ok, although Ben lobbied hard to get a toy that was different than the black car that he got the last time. I told him it was too difficult for me to ask about that when I was doing everything else. Sure enough, he got a black car. So, with my permission, he went to the counter when there was no line and asked for a "drugoya" (different) toy. He then pointed wildly to the case of toys that was not visible to the girl behind the counter, and I realized he was making a scene. I helped him out and he got a different toy. He was quite satisfied. These are the things that matter to kids!

Now they are all asleep and I'm thankful for a few moments to myself. :-) Below are photos from the last few days. Hope you enjoy them.

Blessings to all!













No comments:

Post a Comment